Port Harcourt city has experienced immense migration from neighbouring states and other rural areas in Rivers State, this has led to the increase in the population of residents. Port Harcourt City population has grown to approximately two million people.
This increase has resulted in busier environment and hasty lifestyle which the younger generation finds unpleasant; and has sort for simpler and smarter ways of achieving success without trading their life peace.
The younger generation in Port Harcourt has resorted exploring the world work trends such as freelancing and working remotely. This adopted way of living is redefining the daily activities such as shopping, commuting, leisure, community building, business activities and more.
The work-life balance sort by the younger generation can be achieved through optimizing technology. People can opt for virtual meet-ups, online shopping, play games online, watch their favourite shows online, use taxi hailing services and so on.
There has been an increased request on Port Harcourt online influencers’ timelines such as Women In Port Harcourt (Instagram), Ladies in Port Harcourt (Facebook), Sell it In PHC (Twitter), PHCITY Blog, Outclass and more on who and where to find different items daily. The poll shows a 500% monthly increase in this practice as more shoppers and residents in Port Harcourt are embracing these platforms as a go-to place to seek for credible answers, sellers and referrals.
Bringing it home to our city Port Harcourt, we have not been left out and work-life balance options have been created by our own entrepreneurs. So it’s time to start achieving life peace by using the following
- PamDrive – A taxi hailing company just like uber. APP is available on Google Playstore
- Outclass – A support facebook group for youths…… Outclass is convened by Maple Dappa, a Port Harcourt patriot. Click Here to join
- Women in Port Harcourt (WIP) – A women support group on Instagram which serves as a platform for sellers to find potential customers, showcase their businesses and also find necessary contacts. Wendy A is the convener of WIP. Click Here to Join
- PHCityShop.com – An Online market to buy grocery, food, electronics, fashion and more from your favourite stores in Port Harcourt. Click Here to become a vendor or to start shopping.
- PHCITYHomes – A Port Hracourt Online Real Estate Platform for listing properties and finding your next home, office, co-work space and more. Click Here to list your properties or find your next home.
- TheAlternativeSchool: A learning community for Startups . Follow link to like page
- The Business Round Table: A radio business show for start-up to learn how to start and grow their business. The Business RoundTable is aired on WishFM 99.5 at 9AM daily and anchored by Uche Aniche – Founder, StartUpSouth
- MYPHCity – A city guide platform to find places, events, handymen, jobs, professional services and much more. Click Here to register your services now
The list is inexhaustible and this list comprises of most of services I use to make my life in Port Harcourt easy. Well, I will be adding more to my list especially for leisure, any suggestions?
Mention any solution, community and platform that has supported your living in Port Harcourt so far and we will add the list.
#businessesinportharcourt , #womeninportharcourt, #phcityshop, #myphcity , #phcityblog, #pamdrive, #outclass #phcityhome, #portharcourttotheworld #mapledappa #thealternativeschool #
264 total views, 1 views today